POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bleh : Re: Bleh Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bleh
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Jan 2010 12:48:46
Message: <4b476ffe$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 09:17:54 -0500, Captain Jack wrote:

> Many years ago, I had a brother-in-law who stated, at a family
> gathering, that, "AIDS is a punishment sent by God to kill <gay people>"
> (ed. euphemism employed). I told him he needed to get down on his knees
> and pray with all his might that God didn't send a disease to kill the
> terminally stupid, 'cause he was first on the list.

When the tornado hit Salt Lake City about 10 years ago, we had a guy who
came and did the chimney work (an actual chimney sweep) who we had worked
with for several years.  He visited shortly after the tornado, and
proceeded to explain to my wife how the tornado was God's vengeance
against gays (it touched down near a gay bar in SLC).  He declared
himself "born-again" during his little speech.

My wife very calmly explained that (1) this was very offensive and
unprofessional of him, (2) that her gay brother would have a thing or two
to say about it, (3) that if that was God's vengeance, there's an irony
that He *missed* (but instead hit a construction crane near Temple Square
- where the new LDS Conference Center was being built) - and folded it in
half *while it was manned*, and most importantly (4) that we would be
seeking a new contractor to perform the services he had performed for us
for several years.

Jim